The 15th (Scottish) Division was a Territorial Army Division formed in the summer of 1939. This Division served in an anti-invasion role in both Suffolk and Northumberland until 1944, when it took part in the Normandy landings.
The Division arrived in Suffolk during February 1941, relieving the 42nd Division. It was relieved by the 54th Division during November 1941.
The Division comprised of:
44th Infantry Brigade – 3rd Royal Scots, 6th Kings Own Scottish Borders, 7th Kings Own Scottish Borders
45th Infantry Brigade – 6th Royal Scottish Fusiliers, 9th Cameronians, 10th Cameronians
46th Infanty Brigade – 10th Highland Light Infantry, 11th Highland Light Infantry, 2nd Gordan Highlanders
Also under its command in Suffolk was the 37th Independent Infantry Brigade (2/6 East Surrey’s, 6th Royal Sussex and 7th Royal Sussex).
15th Division papers, NRA
Heraldry in War - Formation Badges 1939-45, Lt.-Col. H.N Cole, O.B.E, Gale & Polden Ltd 1946